We came across interesting new jobs at Proletariet, Dimensional Ink Games, Creative Assembly, and Ubisoft – and they’re looking for a Principal Sound Designer (MA, US), Sound Designer (TX, US), Senior Audio Programmer (England), and Audio Designer (Vietnam).
We also found openings for a Lead Sound Designer at Obsidian (CA, US), Frostbite Software Engineer, Audio and Movie at EA (Multiple Locations), Audio Video Technology Support Specialist at Autodesk (CA, US), Hearing and Audio DSP Co-op at Bose (MA, US), Technical Dialogue Designer at Bungie (WA, US), Voiceover Artists with Glen Gathard (Remote), and Sound Engineer at Wilmer Sound LLC (Ireland).
Location: Boston, MA, US
The Principal Audio Designer will identify, create, and ensure the quality of the audio content and its integration as a gameplay element. They will supervise audio production and make certain that it is in keeping with the game vision.
- Produce and supervise audio production from the artistic and technical perspectives
- Coordinate specific audio recording sessions to meet project needs as necessary
- Establish and document the technical and artistic audio charter based on the creative direction (reference films, games by competitors, design documents)
- Communicate the audio vision to the team and provide all necessary visual and audio documents and references needed
- Identify technical audio needs for the project and communicate them to the appropriate sources
- Work with other creative stakeholders to identify and communicate audio asset needs
- Set the musical direction of the product
- Design and implement audio element integration processes by working in close collaboration with programmers/technical directors to ensure proper integration
- Determine project resource needs and set out the budget for audio group with production
- Ensure that best work practices are implemented and optimized to guarantee the validity and integrity of the data
- 8+ years of experience in audio production for video games;
- Extensive knowledge of WWise
- Film or TV post production experience is an asset.
- Ability to communicate a vision;
- Good communication skills;
- Organization skills;
- Excellent sense of esthetics;
- Ability to provide constructive feedback;
- Ability to quickly learn and master new software;
- Extensive musical knowledge as a musician and/or composer;
- Solid knowledge of studio audio equipment and the research process;
- Knowledge of the audio engines available on the market an asset.
Company: Dimensional Ink Games
Location: Austin, TX, US
- Bring your favorite DC Universe comic book characters off the page and into DCUO, the massively multiplayer action game on PC and consoles
- Collaborate with the Creative Director and the design team to quickly create and iterate on edit sound effects, music and dialogue
- Voice Over collaboration with the writer and actors, while managing the sessions, workflows, and pipelines
Leader In Craft
- Craft standards: Two years professional game sound design experience. Two years of experience casting/directing actors, and editing/ processing dialogue. Ability to accept and integrate feedback, plan tasks, manage time, work independently, and meet deadlines in a highly collaborative environment.
- Modern Tools/Techniques: Skilled in Unreal 3/Unreal 4, FMOD, Sound Designer 12, Pro Tools, and at least one other DAW.
- Documentation: Skilled with creating and following process and brand documentation.
- Live Product: Strong experience developing for a live product, with at least 1 shipped MMO, Action, or RPG title preferred. Ability to work across disciplines to refine features and fix bugs.
- Knowledge: Familiarity (bonus: extensive knowledge!) with DC Comics characters and stories. Willingness to broaden your knowledge base with research is a must!
- Bonuses: Passion for sound design, music, acting and comics. You’ll fun here if you are patient, proactive, want to learn, and have a good sense of humor.
- End result: Must be able to pull all the above into a compelling end result that enhances the gameplay experience.
- Innovative Ownership: Be an owner, build owners
We know that to succeed means to fail but fail wisely and come back better. Don’t do something just because it’s always been done that way. Be open to learning from all sources and be willing to teach all. Work smart and pursue your craft with passion.
- Empathy: Walk in their shoes
We take the time to see from the perspectives of our team members and our players. We care deeply, behave positively, and communicate candidly. Emotional intelligence allows our team to act with respect and appreciate each another (and ourselves).
- Collaboration: See the best idea, not have the best idea
We are better together than by ourselves, so we know that a great idea can come from anywhere. We are committed to hiring the best-fitting team members who amplify our craftsmanship and inspire us all to grow.
- Honesty/Humility: Integrity matters
We have the self-reflection to hold ourselves accountable and support those who also hold themselves accountable. Be transparent to build trust and a team that is empowered to be bold and authentic. We trust our team members and their feedback.
Company: Creative Assembly
Location: Horsham, UK
Based at our studio in the heart of Sussex, you will be working as part of the Total War audio programming team which provides support across all our franchise projects. You will also collaborate and work alongside our dedicated team of sound designers and dialogue engineers. Supporting a varied number of games, tools and technologies, you will be an integral part of delivering the immersive audio experience our fans have come to expect from our games.
In the role of Senior Audio Programmer, you will be working with the current Total War team. Using your excellent coding skills and expertise, you will be working and collaborating to improve our existing audio gameplay and craft new and compelling features for future Total War titles.
On a day to day basis you will responsible for supporting our audio team by:
- Implementing new audio gameplay features using Audiokinetic Wwise
- Extending our in-house toolset and troubleshooting issues as they arise
- Creating and maintaining tools for the sound team to use
- Gameplay feature implementation and tools to help with the audio QA process
- Professional Audiokinetic Wwise experience
- Excellent C++ skills
- Ability to focus on work independently but also comfortable working in a collaborative environment
- Ability to understand and work to deadlines in a development environment
- Passion and interest in making games
- Experience developing audio systems in games, research or other settings
- A familiarity with Total War games is a definite advantage
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support so you can truly excel in your area of expertise
- Support in Learning and Development; internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day – toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality – Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus – We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork – We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect – Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust – Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Location: Da Nang, Vietnam
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world.
Located in Da Nang, Vietnam, a hotbed for tech and culture, and one of the best cities to live in Asia, the newest studio will focus on developing “Instant Games”, powered by HTML 5 technology, for several social platforms. This new playstyle has boomed significantly on social media on a worldwide scale boasting today millions of daily users. The teams at Ubisoft Da Nang will alsocollaborate with other studios on the development of mobile games.
By bringing the best creative and engineering talents from Vietnam, SEA and the World together, and allowing them to thrive in a dynamic and modern international work and living environment, Ubisoft Da Nang is the place to be to begin your journey in game development or take the big next step in your career.
As an Audio Designer, you will craft high quality audio for our games. Your job is to design, create and implement audio content to mobile games. We are looking for an experienced audio wizard with at least one shipped game under their belt. As a designer, you are a fearless innovator with an experimental mindset.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Designing and implementing audio (gameplay sounds, ambiance, voices etc.) for a large variety of mobile games
- Defining audio pipelines and systems with other team members
- Working closely with programmers, designers, and artists to collaborate at all stages of development
- Relevant experience in game audio
- Ability to produce high-quality and innovative audio content
- Ability to adapt to new technologies
- Experience in integrating audio using Wwise
- Strong knowledge of audio editing tools
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Analysis and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge on mobile App audio best practices
- Able to work with external vendor and audio database
We’ll come back to you as soon as possible with potential delays to expect due to the recent opening of the studio.