We came across interesting new jobs at Rebellion Oxford, Keyword Studios, Ubisoft Singapore, and Eidos – and they’re looking for an Audio Designer (England), Audio Project Lead (Italy), Junior Voice Designer (Singapore), and Audio Director (QC, Canada).
We also found openings for an Audio Lead at InXile (LA, US), Sound Designer at Metamorphosis Games (Remote), Dialogue Tools Programmer at Rockstar North (Scotland), Senior Sound Designer at Ubisoft (France), Senior Audio Programmer at Infinity Ward (CA, US), Audio Project Manager at Keyword Studios (France), Audio Programmer at Keyword Studios (ON, Canada), and Voice Designer at Eidos (QC, Canada).
Highlight – sound stories this week: Take advantage of the huge community summer sale. Read how Audio Director Rev. Dr. Bradley D Meyer and Senior Sound Designer Josh Lord created the gloriously grounded sound of Ghost of Tsushima. Hear how Keith Hodne and Stephanie Pacchiano designed and mixed ESPN’s The Last Dance. Check out the interview with Sound Supervisor Joe Dzuban about the sound for Amazon’s Hunters. Watch a video about the sound of Hamilton on Disney+.
Company: Rebellion Oxford
Location: Oxford, UK
Rebellion Oxford is currently looking for a Mid-level Audio Designer with a passion for sound effects and game audio. This is a rare opportunity to join a successful independent developer with our own in-house audio facilities and support experienced audio designers. Tasks will include creating, refining and implementing audio assets for a cross platform title, as well as assisting on other projects in production as required.
This role is full-time based in-house at our Oxford HQ. We can consider permanent or fixed-term contracts employment but not freelance or agencies. You must be able to legally work in the UK.In this role you will;
- Report to the Head Of Audio, Project Audio Lead and Project Producers regarding the sound design direction and audio-related requirements of the current game, technology requirements, resource issues, etc
- Design and create high quality audio assets for various in-house projects
- Perform sound format conversion, EQ, looping, mixing, adding DSP effects, normalisation and sound balancing for in-game assets on multiple platforms
- Implement designed audio assets into the game using the game engine tools.
- Carry out audio dept operations; setting up, troubleshooting and maintaining equipment, archiving recorded material, engineering recording sessions, etc
- Keep up-to-date on current artistic and technical production trends in game audio and how they can benefit Rebellion
- Work effectively with minimal levels of guidance, prioritising and scheduling your own work
- Collaborate productively within multi-disciplined project team environments, communicating ideas and issues clearly
- Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure, meeting multiple production goals and deadlines
1-2 year’s game audio experience (or proven experience in audio production) is preferred, as would be at least 1 finished product in a critical audio role, any experience producing sound for multiple target platforms, and any proven track record with AAA console products.
Please provide a show-reel demonstrating your sound design talents (music content optional, please note that this is an audio/music editing/implementation role so would not suit someone solely interested in composing).You will have
- Outstanding creative and technical audio production skills, strong attention to detail and excellent work ethic
- Excellent understanding of audio production, editing and mastering
- Very good understanding of EQ, dynamic range, compression techniques and multi-channel audio formats
- Experience with professional audio editing tools such as (or similar to) Reaper, Sound Forge, Cubase, various plug ins, etc.
- Experience with game audio implementation software, such as Wwise, Fmod, or similar 1st/3rd party tools.
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation, communication, organisational and problem solving skills, as well as team-working and the ability to accept and follow direction
- A genuine interest in playing games and a passion for audio in games
- An understanding of programming methods and conventions would be an advantage
Company: Keyword Studios
Location: Milan, Italy
The Audio Project Lead will manage all the audio assets flow between the project management team and the internal audio team, identifying, scheduling and supervising audio production phases and tasks. Will effectively manage day-to-day communication with all project team members and ensure that quality and schedule expectations are met.The ideal candidate will have to:
- Manage assessment of the Audio assets
- Define, prioritize, track and manage requirements and deliverables.
- Drive issue resolution and address contingencies in a timely manner.
- Create, track, and adhere to project schedules, and timelines. Expose, report on, and resolve deviations and variances. Ensure all projects are completed within designated timeframes.
- Evaluate and define the approach to pre / post / recording
- Actively contribute to project meeting organised by the PM
- Proactively communicate with audio and PM teams regarding project status, and any other issues.
- Being proficient using Pro Tools Software and plug-ins.
- Basic knowledge of Reaper, Audition, Soundforge.
- Previous experience in voice/dialogue recording, editing and processing.
- Advanced skills in recording, editing, analyzing dynamic range, levelling.
- Advance understanding in audio file formats, bit rate and sample rates.
- Good Knowledge in MS Excel.
- Ability to work in team environment and follow precise instructions.
- Ability to meet deadlines on time.
It will be consider a plus:
- Experience in the video game industry very helpful.
- Ability to multi-task with projects and resources
- Ability to lead the project and the project team and to plan and prioritize tasks
- Ability to work as part of a team, under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Excellent communication, negotiation, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving attitude with experience in working in a dynamic and fast growing/changing environment
- Flexible approach to people, projects, and assignments
Company: Ubisoft Singapore
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Ubisoft Singapore is one of the top game development studios in the APAC region. Part of Ubisoft’s global network of studios, we’ve been creating memorable gaming experiences in Singapore since 2008. With over 30+ different nationalities, we are a diverse bunch of creatives redefining the world of digital entertainment for millions of players across the globe.
As a junior voice designer, you will be responsible for assisting the Senior Voice Designer in dialogue production, from recording of dialogue lines to implementing them into the game.In this context, your main responsibilities are:
- Follow tasks and directions set out by the Audio Director and Senior Voice Designer
- Implement narrative and systemic dialogue for the game
- Edit, master and deliver voice assets according to loudness specifications
- Manage dialogue data in the dialogue database
- Work with game designers, programmers, writers etc. on dialogue prototypes
- Respect budget and performance constraints when carrying out assignments
- Verify the quality of dialogue integrated into game and assist with debugging
- Maintain dialogue documentation
- Diploma / Degree in Audio Engineering / Production or relevant fields
- Professional experience in dialogue editing and post production
- Professional experience working with and recording voice talent
- Proficient in operating studio recording equipment
- Proficient in DAW software eg. Nuendo, Pro Tools, Reaper etc.
- Able to manage large amounts of files and data with precision
- Motivated and passionate about dialogue production
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-driven, team player and willingness to learn
- Experience in dialogue recording and post-production for narrative TV / film
- Experience working on games in an audio role
- Familiarity with game engines (Unreal, Unity etc.) or game audio middleware such as Wwise, FMOD, Fabric.
- Also proficient in sound design
We realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games. Apart from a competitive compensation package and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality, Ubisoft Singapore offers a wide variety of perks including performance based incentives, comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, flexible working hours, and opportunities for career development and learning.Next step
Are you excited about creating the unknown? Are you serious about fun? Do you constantly seek out learning opportunities? At Ubisoft Singapore, we are looking for talent who are solution-oriented problem solvers, creative yet open to collaborate, and team players who also thrive in bringing their A-game to work.
If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume and we will invite you for a first chat to find out more about becoming an awesome addition to our team!
Location: Montréal, QC, Canada
- Superviser la création de tous les effets sonores du projet;
- Planifier les sessions extérieures d’enregistrement et fait le lien avec les fournisseurs en s’assurant des échéanciers en lien avec la production;
- Instaurer les processus techniques de développement de la production d’effets sonores en collaboration avec la programmation, la conception du jeu et l’animation, tout en respectant les contraintes techniques;
- Développer de nouvelles techniques et de nouveaux processus afin de résoudre les défis de la production d’effets sonores;
- Innover et résoudre les problèmes techniques artistiques pour le développement d’outils utilisés dans la production de jeux vidéos et ce, afin d’améliorer les processus de travail;
- Travailler de façon efficace avec l’équipe de programmation en représentant le côté sonore;
- Rechercher un point de vue innovateur sonore, dans la façon de travailler avec les processus créatifs;
- Documenter de façon précise les processus et procédures;
- Interagir et communiquer de façon efficace avec les gestionnaires au niveau du projet;
- Assurer la supervision des membres de l’équipe son.
- Diplôme collégial ou universitaire en Musique et/ou toutes formations ou expériences équivalentes
- 5+ ans d’expérience à titre de Concepteur de son en jeu vidéo, au moins 2 ans à titre de Concepteur de son en chef
- Connaissance approfondie de l’anglais (parlé et écrit)
- Expérience en réalisation d’échantillons sonores et d’intégration sonore dans le jeu vidéo
- Excellentes connaissances pratiques de l’équipement de studio moderne et des outils sonores qui répondent aux normes de l’industrie (ex. : Pro-Tools, Sound Forge, etc.)
- Grande habileté en conception sonore et compétences techniques
- Bonne connaissance des diverses applications d’intergiciels sonores (wWise, Fmod, etc.)
- Faire preuve de leadership et avoir le sens des responsabilités
- Avoir une bonne capacité à bien exprimer ses idées
- Être axé sur l’atteinte de résultats supérieurs
- Être un solide joueur d’équipe
- Avoir l’esprit d’analyse et de synthèse
- Capable de s’adapter aux changements et capable de travailler sous pression en respectant les délais convenus
La passion et l’ambition pour les jeux vidéos sont essentielles!
- Supervise the creation of all the sound effects projects;
- Plan exterior recording sessions, coordinate suppliers and ensure deadlines associated with production;
- Establish technical processes for the production of sound effects in collaboration with the programming, game design and animation teams while respecting the technical constraints;
- Develop new techniques and processes to solve the challenges of producing sound effects;
- Innovate and resolve technical problems for the artistic development of tools used in video game production, in order to improve work processes;
- Work effectively with the programming team working on the sound;
- Find an innovative point of view in the way of working with the creative processes;
- Document processes and procedures in a precise way;
- Interact and communicate effectively with managers at the project level;
- Ensure the supervision of the sound team members.
- College or university degree in Music and / or equivalent training or experience
- 5+ years experience as a Sound Designer in the video game industry, at least 2 years as Lead Sound Designer
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English
- Experience in implementation of sound samples and sound integration into video games
- Excellent knowledge of modern studio equipment and sound tools that meet industry standards (eg Pro-Tools, Sound Forge, etc.)
- Great technical and sound design skills
- Good knowledge of various middleware sound applications (wWise, fmod, etc.)
- Leadership skills
- Good sense of responsibilities
- Strong capacity to express own ideas
- Ability to focus on achieving superior results
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Stron ability for analysis and synthesis
- Ability to adapt to changes and to work under pressure within the agreed timescales
Ambition and passion for video games are essential!