We came across interesting new jobs at Flying Wild Hog, Striking Distance, Hangar 13, and EA Create – and they’re looking for a Sound Designer (Poland), Senior Sound Designer (CA, US), Senior Audio Producer (CA, US), and Audio Artist – Speech (Apex Legends) (BC, Canada).
We also found openings for an Audio Technologist at Apple (CA, US), Sound Designer Apprentice at Facebook (CA, US), Audio Engineer at SANS Institute (Remote), Audio Post Producer at Bird Worldwide Flight Services (TN, India), Product Engineer – Voice at Volley (CA, US), Senior Audio Engineer at PlayStation (England).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for a Senior Sound Designer at Mediatonic (England), Senior Sound Designer at Mediatonic (Spain), Sound Designer at Mediatonic (Spain), Senior Sound Designer at Massive Entertainment (Sweden), Dialogue Designer at Codemasters (England), and Audio Developer at Filmuniversity Babelsberg (Germany). Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week: Learn how to make the most of REAPER for game audio. Hear about The sound of Ghost of Tsushima, the ins and outs of the industry, techniques, and how Sucker Punch recruits new sound designers and composers. Oscar and Grammy-winning composer Ludwig Göransson talks about his work on Christopher Nolan’s upcoming blockbuster Tenet . Hear from composer Mark Isham about the music for Bill & Ted Face the Music, Little Fires Everywhere & much more.
Company: Flying Wild Hog
Location: Krakow, Poland
- Producing and creating original sound and audio assets using temporary or final assets
- Designing and mixing sound effects for in-game characters, interactive objects, ambiences
- Ensuring audio and vision consistency
- Implementing of audio assets to Unreal Engine/FMOD
- Voice over editing and post-processing
- Working closely with the team especially with Level Designers, Game Designers and Production
- At least 1 shipped title or 2 years experience in video game or post-production setting
- Knowledge of recording techniques, foley sound creation and on location recording. Ability of performing field recording and foley if needed.
- Good knowledge of audio editing tools e.g. Reaper/Pro Tools/ Studio One
- Previous experience of working in Unreal Engine and FMOD
- Experience with voice over editing and post-processing
- Experience with professional studio equipment
- Self-troubleshooting of audio software / equipment
- Strong artistic and creative sense
- Team player who is able to share his/her ideas with the team and shows creative and out-of-the-box thinking
- Proven skills regarding editing and matching sound-to-picture
- Proficiency in English
- Private medical care (entirely financed by the employer)
- Fitprofit card
- Salary depending on skill level and experience
- Really flexible working hours (core hours 11:00-16:00)
- Location in a walking distance from the ICE Congress Centre
- Working in an environment where we value self-reliance and avoid micro-management
- Working with experienced and high qualified developers
Company: Striking Distance
Location: San Ramon, CA, US
At the intersection of art, design and technology lies Striking Distance Studios. Led by Dead Space and Call of Duty franchise veteran Glen Schofield, a new AAA development studio has risen within the San Ramon Hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. We have planted roots in beautiful Bishop Ranch and are now building our flagship state-of-the-art development studio establishing the East Bay as the new up and coming creative and technological hub we know it to be. Together with our PUBG partners, our team is hard at work to deliver an original narrative experience within the globally recognized and award-winning PUBG universe. Here at Striking Distance Studios it is amazing people, an immersive experience and a passion for excellence that drives us each day. We are looking for people who push themselves creatively and learn with every new challenge. We give you the setting and the opportunity to do work you are proud of. We’re looking for the best to come join us and become part of a world-class team.
To us excellence is not a skill, but an attitude!
- Engage in the prototyping of game mechanics, proof of concept and experimenting of features in engine and offline via linear sound design and interactive audio environments.
- Design next level audio content with foresight of implementation methodology for said content.
- Author, premix, and integrate audio assets within engine via WWISE and other audio middleware.
- Work within UE4 engine to further integrate authored and designed material.
- Work closely with various teams to achieve audio excellence across all disciplines.
- Engage with Audio Engineers to help refine \ align best practices with the aim of ultimately enhancing the product.
- Collaborate with Audio Director to execute and deliver upon audio feature sets, goals and ensure defined aesthetic is met throughout production.
- Engage in the planning and execution of complex recording sessions both in the field and on stage.
- Occasionally man or direct booth sessions if \ as needed.
- Edit, mix, and master audio materials.
- Excellent Sound Design aesthetic with a keen ear for detail. Capable of delivering on multiple styles and capacities.
- 5+ years of experience in AAA game audio.
- A minimum of two AAA titles shipped as Sound Designer
- WWISE and game scripting experience.
- Field and studio recording experience.
- Experienced in UE4 and scripting.
- Masterful within Pro Tools.
- Experienced with most industry standard plugin and toolsets (Waves, Izotope, etc…)
- Solid grasp of broadcast and mix specifications.
Company: Hangar 13
Location: Novato, CA, US
Hangar 13 is looking for an experienced Senior Producer from within the Audio world to lead the cross-project, cross-location audio team in the development of key titles, working on the Novato team. We are looking above all else for an exceptional communicator with experience producing and tracking projects for a broad range of digital and audio content, as well as someone who cares deeply about nurturing and developing team culture. updating senior management and project stakeholders of project status and risks.
What You Will Do
- Partner with Audio Director to define project, milestone and sprint deliverables for the team and then drive the successful delivery of all objectives.
- Ensure that the work being planned is prioritized in line with the creative vision and seek feedback from key stakeholders when appropriate.
- Ensure the Heads of Production are aware of resource requirements and build plans, which balance scope against available capacity.
- Partner with 2K to negotiate contracts with key external partners, vendors and facilities.
- Help to define production process and workflows, always looking to optimize the way we build games in order to maximize the time we have available.
- Work with other Producers to identify and scope audio requirements for gameplay, cinematics, music, and other deliverables.
- Present your teams’ successes at full team meetings and represent progress at the relevant leads and directors’ meetings
- Travel, both domestic and international, may be required
- 6+ years’ experience in internal game development within an Audio Production role, including sound design and editorial, Foley, VO, Cinematics, music supervision, orchestral session coordination, localization and QC.
- At least 1 shipped title in a leadership role
- Experience with AAA console and PC titles at all stages of development
- Experience working with cross-site teams
- Ability to interface with and build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), time and project management skills
- Familiarity with the gaming market and industry trends, as they relate to game development and market research
- Adept at the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must display resourcefulness, enthusiasm, and self-motivation
- Quick learner, able to pick up new tools and technologies and learn new processes quickly and without missing a stride
- Flexibility to take on additional responsibilities, as assigned by senior management
- Strong problem solving skills
- Highly organised. Able to self-prioritize and keep on an assigned track without constant supervision
- Ability to identify and analyze risk while providing mitigation support
- Ability to oversee schedules of external teams
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience working with proprietary game engines and tool sets
- Experience working in startup or early-stage teams
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!
Located just 30 minutes north of San Francisco and 30 minutes south of Napa Valley wine country, Hangar 13’s Novato location has found its home within 2K’s headquarters in Northern California. Situated in Hamilton Landing inside a renovated United States Air Force base hangar, you will find our talented and passionate team within invigorating Marin County. You can walk out the door and explore famous hiking and mountain biking trails as well as the gorgeous coastline. In addition to working in an exceptional setting conducive to Hangar 13’s inclusive and creatively diverse work environment, the Bay Area also provides employees with access to vibrant nightlife, world-class cuisine, local farmers markets, great public schools, and cultural metropolitan experiences. Onsite amenities include fully equipped break areas, company sponsored food trucks and raffle prizes, new state of the art gym, subsidized fitness classes and massage therapy, electric car charging stations and much more! We are only 5 minutes off of highway 101 and a 15-minute walk from the nearest SMART station.
Company: EA Create
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
EA Create Audio is an award-winning audio team creating assets for titles within EA STUDIOS. Through uniting our creative talents and technical expertise, EA Create Audio is driving industry-leading audio through partnership, professionalism, expertise, innovation, and uncompromising quality. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team whose backgrounds help build games for players everywhere.
EA Create Audio is looking for an enthusiastic and accomplished Audio Artist with technical proficiency who can make an immediate contribution to our team supporting Respawn Vancouver and development for Apex Legends. You have experience in all phases of audio design and production, with proficiency in voice production, editing and implementation. You will work within the EA Create Audio team and have an intermediate understanding of game development. You have a passion for video games and an overwhelming desire to create an outstanding audio experience.
• Create quality audio for video games
• Submit final audio files on or before required deadlines
• Interactive element tuning in the game and audio engines
• Database/file management and organization
• Audio post-production for in-game video content
• 3+ years game/audio experience
• Speech/VO design skills
• Experience with audio middleware (e.g. FMOD, WISE)
• Experience with perforce, game engines and scripting
• Is comfortable with modern audio creation equipment, software and recording techniques, with a level of proficiency in at least one DAW
• Solid knowledge of PC hardware and software
• Collaborates and communicates well as part of a team
• Is motivated by artistic and creative sensibilities
• Technical thinker who enjoys >problem solving
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.